SW1X Audio Design™ PRE V Performance Level 5
71A/45 OPT DHT Line Pre-Amplifier
The PRE V is a signal output transformer (OPT) de-coupled 71A/45 tube output stage based, zero negative feedback (zero NFB global or local), line pre-amplifier design. The DHT tube output stage is similar to the output stage as found in our DAC V. It is a further development of the PRE IV line stage pre-amplifier. The difference in line stage design to power amps is that our goal is the preservation of the signal integrity while minimizing the output impedance and not really signal amplification and reduction of output impedance. Consequently, PRE V offers the sound of DHT tubes plus has very powerful output to drive any power amp, with output impedance below 10 Ohms.
The sound is mature, large & holographic (as one would expect from DHT) with scale, authority and a lot dynamic bite but above everything very transparent comparable to a great passive volume control. It is a great enhancement to any tube power amplifier, driving a sources (DAC or Phono), which has a weaker small signal, indirectly heated tube based output stage.
Available in either double C-core Super HiB transformer version or Pemalloy core version (Special version) and the limited production Signature version on request.
SW1X Audio Design™ PRE V DHT Line Pre-Amplifier Features:
- Specially selected and harmonically matched component & material quality Performance level 5
- Copper wound Super HiB DC-core Signal Output Transformers (OPT silver wiring is optional)
- Zero NFB, 2 x 6J5 driver tubes and 2 x 71A or 300B Directly Heated Triodes Valve Output Stage
- 5Z3/5U4G/274B or 80 Directly Heated double diode tube rectified C2xLC (choke filtered) power supply
- Vintage, out of production AB 2W & 1W resistors
- Dual Mono Stepped attenuators with AB carbon resistors and AN 2W Niobium or non magnetic Copper Tantalum at input
- XLR Balanced and RCA Single Ended outputs
- Matte silver or black aluminium top (pure copper top is optional)
Tube Compliment: 2 x 6J5, 2 x 45 or 2 x (71A/45/AD1) , 1 x 5Z3/5U4
- Black Gate capacitors in the power supplies
- SHiB double DC-Core mains transformers and chokes
- Fine silver wiring
- AN 2W silver, non-magnetic, tantalum resistors
- Fine silver windings on the signal output transformers
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice.
Dimensions: Height (mm) 250 x Width (mm) 440 x Depth (mm) 400
Weight (kg): 23
Max Power Consumption (W): 80
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Output Impedance (Ohms): <10