SW1X Audio Design™ AMP II “Electra” Performance Level 2/3
AMP II is a Pure Class A, Single Ended Amplifier. It is essentially a 2 gain stage Power Amplifier coupled with a High Quality Pre-amplifier.
It therefore is not only extremely transparent but also very musical and powerful sounding Intergated Amplifier.
The Triode Connected 6V6G Power Valves offer the same level of scale and holography as the Directly Heated Triodes without being DHT.
Available in different versions: Special and the Classic version with different power output transformer options (Permalloy or SHiB and UHiB) and all Copper or Copper/Silver windings
SW1X Audio Design™ AMP II Integrated Amplifier Features:
- Specially Selected and Harmonically Matched Component & Material Quality
- Single Ended, Zero NFB, Class A, Power Pentode (Triode Connected) Valve Power Amplifier
- Only 2 Amplification Gain Stages
- Hybrid Point 2 Point Hardwiring Technique for the most consistent production results
- 2 x 6J5 Triode driver/input Stage valves driving the 2 x 6V6G Triode Connected Power Pentode Valves
- SW1X Audio Design™ Custom Designed Copper wound Super HiB DC Core (50 Watt) Signal Output Transformers
- Quasi Mono, Directly Heated Double Diode Valve Rectified B+ Power Supply
- Internally wired exclusively with our SW1X Genesis and Opus conductors
- Orient grain M6 EI core mains Transformers & Chokes
- Valve rectified Fixed Bias Power Supply
Tube Compliment: 2 x 6J5, 2 x 6V6, 1 x 5U4G
- SW1X Audio Design™ Custom Designed & Fully or Partly Silver wound Super HiB or Ultra HiB DC core Signal Output Transformers
- SW1X 24 Step Discrete Attentuator Volume Control
- Fully Hardwired Tube Output Stage on the Bakelite Board
- Fine Silver wiring on the Input, Bakelite Board and Output
- Black Gate VK capacitors in the B+ power supply
- AN 2W non-magnetic Niobium resistors on a Hardwired Bakelite Board
- Super HiB double C-Core mains transformers
- Inter-stage signal decoupling capacitors: 1. Copper Foil in Oil or 2. Silver Foil capacitors
- AN 2W silver, non-magnetic, Tantalum resistors
Single Ended, Class A, Zero NFB, Output Power (W): 6, which sound at least like 35 Watts and the dynamic delivery feel like 350 W
when paired with with High Sensitivity Speakers (min 96dB/W/1m is recommended)
Input Sensitivity (V): 2
Input Impedance (Ohms): 47K or 100K
Output Impedance (Ohms): 4 & 8
Max Power Consumption (W): 200
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Dimensions (without tubes and feet): Height (mm) 250 x Width (mm) 440 x Depth (mm) 400
Weight (kg): 21
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice
We do not recommend purchasing a key system component without first auditioning it carefully, which is why we have demonstration rooms and a flexible home loan policy.
However in certain situations it can be difficult for people to get to our showroom and for those instances we can offer our mail order service.