SW1X DAC III Signature
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC III Signature Performance Level 3/4 D to A Converter
The Signature version of the DAC III is a limited edition version of the DAC III Special with Kaisei and Black Gate capacitors wherever possible and finest materials everywhere.
Similar to the Special version, the DAC III Signature employs EL86 power tube output stage, which unlike in DAC III Special is C-cored Super HiB signal output transformer de-coupled.
The pictures below are of the older Signature version, which was based on the DAC III STD and are for materials reference only.
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC III Signature Features:
- Specially selected and harmonically matched component & material quality Performance level 3/4
- NOS (Non oversampling –zero digital domain filtering) design
- Based on 1 x TDA1541 – the most analogue sounding DAC ever made directly connected to a SPDIF receiver
- Dynamic Element Matching (DEM) of the TDA1541 is powered by an asynchronous E180F valve clock with EAA91 valve rectified power supply
- Passive I/V conversion via a single specially selected resistor with the shortest signal path directly connected to the tube grid
- Discrete Germanium transistor based shunt voltage regulated power supplies for the TDA1541 & SPDIF receiver
- Anode follower, zero feedback, 1 x double triode 6N6P driver to the Super HiB transformer de-coupled 2 x EL86 power pentode (triode connected) SE valve output stage
- Interstage signal decoupling capacitor are Audio Note Copper Foil in Oil capacitors
- 5R4 directly heated tube rectified CLC (choke filtered) power supply
- Circuit is wired with of a specially selected copper (single strand or Litz)
- Supports up to 24Bit/96kHz (optional up to 192kHz or up to 48 kHz only) digital coaxial S/PDIF signal input (USB input is optional, see in options below)
- 3 x 110/115/230/240V AC mains transformers (HiB double C-core available as an option)
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice.
Dimensions: Height (mm) 150 x Width (mm) 440 x Depth (mm) 400
Weight (kg): 15
Max Power Consumption (W): 23
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Output Impedance (Ohms): <200
Tube Compliment: 2 x EL86, 1 x 6N1P, 1 x 5R4/GZ32, 1 x E180F, 1 x EAA91
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC III Signature is available on custom built to order basis only
We do not recommend purchasing a key system component without first auditioning it carefully, which is why we have demonstration rooms and a flexible home loan policy.
However in certain situations it can be difficult for people to get to our showroom and for those instances we can offer our mail order service.