SW1X Audio Design™ DAC II Balanced Performance Level 2/3
D to A Converter
The Balanced version is a non compromise tube output stage DAC II and a smaller brother to the DAC III Balanced.
The number of PCM56 R2R DACs is doubled to 4 pieces (2x per channel), whereas the STD & SPX versions employ 2 x PCM56 (1x per channel) .
Similar to the DAC III Balanced, DAC II Balanced comes equipped with a EL82/EL84 power tube output stage. The step up in transparency over the STD & SPX versions is provided by a signal output transformer (OPT) de-coupled power tube output stage driven by the active I/V conversion stage for an even more dynamic bite.
Also available in Balanced Special version with 6V6 tube output stage similar to the DAC IV.
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC II Balanced Features:
- Pure & Elegant NOS (Non oversampling – zero digital domain filtering) R2R Design
- Digital side is based on 4 x PCM56 (2x per channel) R2R DACs
- Balanced (& Single Ended) Signal Output Transformer de-coupled Valve Output Stage Topology
- EL84 Power Output Tubes, Zero NFB, Class A, Valve Output Stage
- Active I/V conversion via a special transistor (with less than 10 Ohm input impedance)
- Discrete Transistor, Shunt Voltage Regulated Low Voltage Power Supplies
- 5U4GYB/5R4GYB Directly Heated Valve rectified CLC (choke filtered) B+ Power Supply
Specially Selected and Harmonically Matched Component & Material Quality
- Specially treated SW1X Audio Design™ 80% Nickel Mumetal Core Intefrace Transformer
- SW1X Audio Design™ Copper wound M6 EI core Signal Output Transformers
- M6 grain orient EI core Mains Transformers & Chokes
- Internally wired exclusively with our SW1X Magnum, Genesis and Opus conductors of various geometry (single strand or Litz)
- AN Copper Foil in Oil interstage signal de-coupling Capacitors
- AB 2W non-magnetic Carbon film Resistors in selected places
Tube Compliment: 2 x EL82 or EL82, 1 x 5R4GYB
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice.
Dimensions: Height (mm) 150 x Width (mm) 450 x Depth (mm) 410
Weight (kg): 17
Max Power Consumption (W): 23
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Output Impedance (Ohms): <100
We do not recommend purchasing a key system component without first auditioning it carefully, which is why we have demonstration rooms and a flexible home loan policy.
However in certain situations it can be difficult for people to get to our showroom and for those instances we can offer our mail order service.