SW1X DAC V
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC V Performance Level 5 D to A Converter
DAC V is our forthcoming top of the line, C-core signal output transformer de-coupled version of the DAC IV, powered by Directly Heated Triodes and Directly Heated Diodes.
Components & materials inside the DAC V are the finest availble and are harmonically matched to the highest possible degree.
Signal output transformer de-coupling is the closest approximation to a truely “invisibly” sounding DAC.
The major benefits of having a signal output transformer (L- inductive coupling) over a resistor-capacitor (RC) signal de-coupling is as following:
- Signal output transformers can become invisible components only if the finest core materials, wires and optimum winding techniques are employed – the transparency as well as linearity are improved relative to capacitors, which all tend to mask low level nuances
- The dynamics are stepped up because the tube is inductively loaded (one gets all the gain of a tube but at lower DCR) unlike with a high value resistor (which lessens dynamics)
- The output impedance of a tube output stage is lowered (stepped down, squared root of the ratio), which gives a better drive to the consecutive amplification stage
Available in different versions: Special and the limited Signature version with different signal output transformer options (Permalloy or Super HiB) and wiring.
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC V Features:
- Zero oversampling – zero digital manipulation design
- Discrete Germanium transistor based shunt voltage regulated power supplies
- Dynamic Element Matching (DEM) of the TDA1541 is powered by an asynchronous E180F valve clock with EAA91 valve rectified power supply
- Passive I/V conversion via a single specially selected resistor with the shortest signal path directly connected to the tube grid
- Super HiB C-core signal output transformer, zero feedback, 2 x 6SL9, 2 x (71A/45/AD1/300B) Directly Heated Triodes valve output stage
- 5Z3 or 80 Directly Heated double diode tube rectified CLCx2LC (3 x choke filtered) power supply
- Supports up to 24Bit/96kHz (optional up to 192kHz or up to 48 kHz only) digital coaxial S/PDIF signal input
- XLR AES/EBU or I2S input
- EI cored HiB (standard) or Super HiB C-cored (optional) mains tranformers
- Specially selected and harmonically matched component & material quality based on the performance level 5 criteria
- Signal output transformer coupled, DHT output stage with a choice of transformer core (HiB, SHiB and 80% Nickel Permalloy 2 x C cores)
- Black Gate capacitors around TDA1541
- Audio Note 2W silver, non-magnetic, tantalum resistors in the I/V conversion
- Audio Note 2W copper, non- magnetic, tantalum film resistors on plates, cathodes, power supplies and I/V conversion
- Inter-stage signal decoupling capacitor options are Audio Note 1. Copper Foil in Oil or 2. Silver Foil capacitors
a) Black Gate capacitors in the power supplies
b) 2 x HiB double C-Core mains transformers for the TDA1541 and DHT/DHD power supplies
c) Fine silver wiring
d) AN 2W silver, non-magnetic, tantalum resistors
e) Fine silver windings on the signal output transformers
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice.
Dimensions: Height (mm) 250 x Width (mm) 440 x Depth (mm) 400
Weight (kg): 23
Max Power Consumption (W): 80
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Output Impedance (Ohms): <10
Tube Compliment: 2 x 6SL9, 2 x 45 or 2 x (71A/45/AD1/300B) , 1 x 5Z3/80,1 x E180F, 1 x EAA91
Reviews and customer’s feedback can be found here
We do not recommend purchasing a key system component without first auditioning it carefully, which is why we have demonstration rooms and a flexible home loan policy.
However in certain situations it can be difficult for people to get to our showroom and for those instances we can offer our mail order service.