SW1X DAC II Balanced
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC II Balanced Performance Level 2/3 D to A Converter
The Balanced version is a top of the line DAC II and a smaller brother to the DAC IV.
DAC II Balanced comes equipped with a EL84 power tube output stage. The step up in transparency over the STD & Special versions is provided by a signal output transformer de-coupled EL84 power pentode (triode connected) tube output stage driven by the mighty 6N6P 0r 5687 double triode.
Super HiB signal ouput transformer with silver windings de-coupled Balanced S version of the DAC II Balanced is available on request.
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC II Balanced Features:
- Pure & Elegant NOS (Non oversampling – zero digital domain filtering) Design
- Balanced (& Single Ended) Signal Output Transformer de-coupled Valve Output Stage Topology
- EL84 Power Output Tubes, Zero NFB, Class A, Valve Output Stage
- Passive I/V conversion via a specially selected resistor with the shortest signal path directly connected to the tube grid
- Discrete Transistor, Shunt Voltage Regulated Low Voltage Power Supplies
- 5U4GYB/5R4GYB Directly Heated Valve rectified CLC (choke filtered) B+ Power Supply
- Digital Input supports up to 24Bit/96kHz S/PDIF Signal Input
- Specially Selected and Harmonically Matched Component & Material Quality
- SW1X Audio Design™ Copper wound Super HiB DC core Signal Output Transformers
- M6 grain orient EI core Mains Transformers & Chokes (HiB double C-core available as an option)
- Circuit is wired with Specially Selected copper conductors of various geometry (single strand or Litz)
- AN Copper Foil in Oil interstage signal de-coupling Capacitors
- AB 2W non-magnetic Carbon film Resistors in selected places
Tube Compliment: 2 x EL84, 1 x 6N6P, 1 x 5U5GYB/5R4GYB
- Fully Hardwired Tube Output Stage on the Bakelite Board
- Fine Silver wiring on the Input, Bakelite Board and Output
- Black Gate VK capacitors in the B+ power supply
- AN 2W non-magnetic Niobium resistors on a Hardwired Bakelite Board
- Super HiB double C-Core mains transformers for the digital and DHT/DHD power supplies
- Silver Foil capacitors Inter-stage signal de-coupling capacitors
- AN 2W Silver, non-magnetic, Tantalum resistors
- XLR AES/EBU or I2S input
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice.
DAC II is availble with C- and EI- cored Super HiB signal and power transformers (or chokes) as an optional extra
Dimensions: Height (mm) 150 x Width (mm) 450 x Depth (mm) 410
Weight (kg): 17
Max Power Consumption (W): 23
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Output Impedance (Ohms): <100
Reviews and customer’s feedback can be found here
We do not recommend purchasing a key system component without first auditioning it carefully, which is why we have demonstration rooms and a flexible home loan policy.
However in certain situations it can be difficult for people to get to our showroom and for those instances we can offer our mail order service.
DACs made by SW1X: What is different about them?