SW1X DAC V
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC V Performance Level 5 Digital to Analogue Converter
DAC V is our currently top of the line, super DAC.
Similar to the DAC III Balanced & the DAC IV, DAC V is Signal Output Transformer (OPT) de-coupled, is amplified by Directly Heated Triodes and powered by Directly Heated Valve Rectified Quasi Dual Mono Power Supply.
Signal Output Transformer (OPT) de-coupling of the Directly Heated Valve Output Stage is the closest approximation to a truely “invisibly” sounding DAC.
Available in different versions: Special and the limited Signature version with different power output transformer options (Permalloy or SHiB and UHiB) and all Copper, Copper/Silver or all Silver wiring.
SW1X Audio Design™ DAC V Features:
- Pure & Elegant NOS (Non oversampling – zero digital domain filtering) Design
- Balanced (& Single Ended) Signal Output Transformer (OPT) de-coupled Valve Output Stage Topology
- Zero NFB, Single Ended, Class A, Directly Heated Power Triode Valve Power Output Stage
- Quasi Dual Mono, Directly Heated Double Diode Valve Rectified B+ Power Supply
- Passive or Active I/V Conversion via the shortest signal path
- Dynamic Element Matching (DEM) regulated by Valve Clock, powered by Valve Rectified & Choke Filtered Power Supply
- Discrete Transistor, Shunt Voltage Regulated Low Voltage Power Supplies
- Digital Input supports up to 24Bit/96kHz S/PDIF Signal Input
- Specially Selected and Harmonically Matched Component & Material Quality
- SW1X Audio Design™ all Copper (Copper/Silver or all Silver on request) wound Super HiB or Ultra HiB DC core Signal OPT
- M6 grain orient EI core Mains Transformers & Chokes (SHiB double C-core available as an option)
- Circuit is wired with Specially Selected copper conductors of various geometry (single strand or Litz)
- AN Copper Foil in Oil (or Silver foil on request) interstage Signal de-coupling Capacitors
- Black Gate de-coupling Capacitors for TDA1541 DAC
- AB 2W non-magnetic Carbon film Resistors in selected places
Tube Compliment: 2 x 6SL7, 2 x 45 or 2 x (71A/45/AD1/300B), 1 x 5Z3/80 or 5U4G, 1 x E180F, 1 x EAA91
- Fully Hardwired Tube Output Stage on the Bakelite Board
- Fine Silver wiring on the Input, Bakelite Board and Output
- SW1X Audio Design™ Custom Designed & Fully or Partly Silver wound Super HiB DC core Signal Output Transformers
- Black Gate VK capacitors in the B+ power supply
- Black Gate capacitors in LV power supply and de-coupling capacitors for TDA1541A DAC
- AN 2W non-magnetic Niobium resistors on a Hardwired Bakelite Board
- Super HiB double C-Core mains transformers for the digital and DHT/DHD power supplies
- TDA1541R Selected or optional TDA1541A S1 or S2 Selected Crown version
- Silver Foil capacitors Inter-stage Signal de-coupling Capacitors
- AN 2W Silver, non-magnetic, Tantalum resistors
- XLR AES/EBU or I2S input
Note: Due to SW1X Audio Design’s ongoing research and development process, specifications are subject to change without notice
Dimensions: Height (mm) 250 x Width (mm) 440 x Depth (mm) 400
Weight (kg): 23
Max Power Consumption (W): 200
Output Noise, Unweighted (mVrms): < 0.5
Output Impedance (Ohms): <100
We do not recommend purchasing a key system component without first auditioning it carefully, which is why we have demonstration rooms and a flexible home loan policy.
However in certain situations it can be difficult for people to get to our showroom and for those instances we can offer our mail order service.